Our regular look at the Fantasy Premier League (FPL) set-piece takers details which players are on penalties, corner-kicks and free-kicks at their respective clubs.
Our Set-Piece Takers tab rounds up our estimated pecking order at any given time but these shorter-term recaps look at what’s happened in the Gameweek just gone.
A not insignificant 21.8% of all goals scored in the Premier League last season came from set plays, with penalties responsible for a further 7.8%.
Based on the data collection in our Premium Members Area, here is a breakdown from the latest round of matches (Liverpool and Manchester United will be added after tonight’s match).
GAMEWEEK 3 SET-PIECES
|Shots from direct
|Aston Villa||Coutinho (1)
|Bournemouth||Tavernier (3)||Tavernier (1)|
|Brighton and Hove Albion||Gross (3)
Mac Allister (1)
|Gross (2)||Mac Allister (1)|
|Crystal Palace||Eze (4)||Eze (1)||Zaha (1)|
|Gray (6)||Gray (1)|
|Pereira (1)||Pereira (1)|
|Leeds United||Harrison (2)
|Leicester City||Maddison (2)||Maddison (2)||Maddison (1)|
|Manchester City||Foden (3)
De Bruyne (1)
|De Bruyne (2)
|De Bruyne (1)|
|Newcastle United||Trippier (4)
|Trippier (1)||Trippier (1)|
|Nott’m Forest||Williams (2)||Williams (1)|
|Southampton||Ward-Prowse (5)||Ward-Prowse (1)|
|Tottenham Hotspur||Son (5)
|West Ham United||Cresswell (3)
GAMEWEEK 3: KEY OBSERVATIONS AND NOTEWORTHY CHANGES
- With the season settling down, set-piece pecking orders are starting to become apparent and there were few notable changes on the corner/indirect free-kick front from Gameweek 2.
- New signings and budget assets Neco Williams (£4.0m), Andreas Pereira (£4.5m) and Marcus Tavernier (£5.0m) have added direct free-kick responsibility on top of their duties from corners and indirect free-kicks, each registering an effort in Gameweek 3.
- Kieran Trippier (£5.0m) has now scored with three of the four direct free-kicks he has taken for Newcastle United.
- Wilfried Zaha (£7.0m) was again on penalty-taking duties for Crystal Palace but this was his third miss in six attempts from 12 yards.
- Alexis Mac Allister (£5.5m) has now taken Brighton and Hove Albion’s last three penalties, scoring the most-recent two attempts. Pascal Gross (£5.7m) was on the field for Mac Allister’s spot-kick in Gameweek 3.